This time next Monday, I'll be sat on a Jet2 flight from Manchester to Ibiza with my wife. It's our second wedding anniversary and its the time to year we generally like to go away and relax and relax is exactly what I intend to do because the last few months has been an intense roller coaster.
4 months ago I went into hospital for shoulder surgery, I had to cancel my 1-1 clients and let my trainers run my boot camps, we went for a whole month with no new clients in the door internet fitpro.
I had lost all my confidence when it came to making sales, I was also pretty drugged up on 4 different painkillers for the best part of a month and was good for nothing apart from watching TV like a zombie.
Honest truth, I felt like a complete loser and didn't think I could ever make a sale again.
I had completely lost my mojo, but I managed to turn it around with some help and we ended annihilating our sales targets and basically doubled our business in just 12 weeks.
So how did I do this?
1. We set an ambitious 12 week goal. At the end of May I sat down with Matt and planned out what we wanted to achieve in the next 12 weeks. The original goal was actually 12 new clients on SWAT at £1497 each. We made a list of the tasks each of us would need to do to reach that goal and made each other accountable. If you want to learn how to do this, check out the 12 week year by Brian Moran over on Amazon
2. I stopped f*ck*ng around at trying to juggle 2 businesses and walked away from my fitness business, leaving me to concentrate solely on Internet Fitpro and helping more Personal Trainers. No shiny object syndrome and no multitasking with just one area of focus.
3. I invested in a business coach to help me with some of the stuff I was stuck on, mostly around belief issues about money and some other mindset stuff that I needed help with, including accountability.
4. I started spending time with people who are way more successful than me, getting inspired by them and learning from them.
5. I did the work I promised myself and Matt I would do. Didn't always want to and wasn't always motivated but I did it anyway.
So what was the results and how can you use this in your fitness business?
Well we hit our target at the end of August and decided to increase it by 50% and we smashed that as well. We sold of £27,000 worth of packages to 18 new clients in just 12 weeks.
When I get back from holiday, we will be sitting down and planning out the next 12 weeks until
Christmas and this time the goal will be bigger.
Give this a go in your fitness business and see what happens.
Internetfitpro – Home of The SWAT Personal Trainer Marketing System
Helping Personal Trainers Build Their Fitness Businesses Online