The average lifespan of a newly qualified PT in the fitness industry is about 6 months. Some last longer than others and some end up becoming very successful. But why do some many fail within such a short period of time?
Well, we think it goes a bit like this (tongue in cheek and all in the name of fun)
The Life Cycle of A Newbie in the Fitness Industry
- Get told by your PT training company you can earn £40k ($60) or more as a newly qualified Personal Trainer
- Get your Personal Trainer qualification in 4 – 6 weeks
- Borrow 4k and get into debt to pay for your course
- Get Job in a commercial gym and get told by your new manager get our there and “build your business”
- Spend any profit you do make on courses to get your REPS points and paying gym rent
- Realise REPS is pointless
- Quit REPS
- Realise your job is not really a job (or a business) as people with jobs get cool benefits like getting paid and getting holidays
- Work 15 hour days and miss out on a the cool stuff you used to do in the evenings and weekends
- Train Clients you hate, who don't pay you what your worth or do what you tell them to do
- Start to hate the fitness industry (and successful personal trainers)
- Think about selling juice plus to make ends meet
- Sell juice plus to make ends meet
- Figure out that you have failed at being a personal trainer and failed at life
- Quit and get a job in an office or an estate agents
- Move back in with your parents
- Contemplate becoming a life coach or spiritual healer
Invest in an Accelerate Personal Trainer Website and start to build a real fitness business, while getting your greasy little mitts on all the new clients your personal training business can handle.
Turn Your Fitness Business Website into a Client Generating Machine
"Free Guide: The 7 Secrets of A Profitable Fitness Business Website"